What is Pure Vida?
Pura Vida is a common phrase from Costa Rica, which translates to ‘pure life’ but also means ‘life is good’ or ‘take it easy’. Pura Vida is a way of life! If you live the Pura Vida lifestyle you enjoy life, are appreciative of what you have and are optimistic every day.
Are you craving the Pura Vida lifestyle?
If the sound of the Pura Vida lifestyle sounds inviting, taking a career break or sabbatical to travel the world could definitely provide you with the daily feeling of ‘life is good’.
For me, taking a year out from work was refreshing, relaxing and exciting and when I had to return to the working world I felt refreshed. When I was on my career break I adopted the Pura Vida lifestyle and life definitely felt good!
Here are some helpful articles if you are considering taking some time out to take a career break or sabbatical:
1. Top 10 tips to have a great career break
2. Guide to taking a sabbatical
3. Should I quit my job to travel the world
5. Helpful websites when planning a career break
7. How to keep your job while taking time out
9. How to explain a career break in an interview
10. The difference between career breaks and sabbaticals